Doctor of Philosophy (Trained in Vietham)
- For applicant with a master degree: 3 years full time.
- In case the PhD candidates cannot study full time, the total duration of their studies and research should equal 3 years including 12 months full time at campus.
- Applicants should have Master degrees in line with enrolling majors.
- Applicants with a master degree in economics, business or management in close fields of the enrolling majors will have to learn additional requested modules after accepted.
A research proposal
Two reference letters written by two professors who has academic titles as following: professor, associate professor or doctor of the same major; or
One reference letter written by a professor who has academic titles as following: professor, associate professor or doctor; and One reference letter from the head of the organization where the applicant works.
Those referees should have at least 6 months working with or participate in the same professional activities along with the applicants.
Reference letters should contain remarks on applicants' competency and personality traits such as:
- Work ethics
- Professional competency
- Working methods
- Research skills
- Teamwork spirit
- Strengths and weaknesses of the applicants
- Prospects for development of expertise
Applicants should have one of the following foreign language certificates or degrees (one of six languages: English, French, Russian, German, Chinese, Japanese) (UEH will not organize any foreign language entrance examinations):
- A certificate of foreign language proficiency equivalent to B1 or 3/6 level upwards according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) within 2 years up to the date of application.
- A Bachelor or Master degree trained abroad.
- A Bachelor degree in foreign language.
Steps for evaluating applicants for doctoral program include:
- Evaluating applicants' documents of learning process at undergraduate and master levels.
- Evaluating applicants' research proposal: applicants present their research proposal in front of the proposal review subcommittee. Members of the subcommittee will ask questions relevant to the content of the research proposal.
- Evaluation scores of any scientific papers.
One or Two intakes each year
Saturday and Sunday every week
Current tuition fees are VND32.5 million per year x number of years learning and will be paid annually.
Degree awarded after graduation
Doctor of Philosophy
- Political Economics
- Development Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Economic Management
- Finance - Banking (with the majors of Finance, Public Finance, Banking)
- Business Administration
School of UEH Graduate - University of Economics Hochiminh City
Address: Room 001, 59C Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., Ward 6, District 3
Phone: (08) 38 295 437 - (08) 38 235 277