Doctor of Philosophy (Taught in English)
For applicant with a master degree: 3 years full time
- Applicant should have Master degrees in line with enrolling majors.
- Applicants with a master degree in economics, business or management in close fields of the enrolling major will have to learn additional requested modules after accepted.
A research proposal written in English
Two reference letters written by two professors who has academic titles as following: professor, associate professor or doctor of the same major; or
One reference letter written by a professor who has academic titles as following: professor, associate professor or doctor; and One reference letter from the head of the organization where the applicant works.
Those referees should have at least 6 months working with or participate in the same professional activities along with the applicants.
Reference letters should contain remarks on applicants' competency and personality traits such as:
- Work ethics
- Professional competency
- Working methods
- Research skills
- Teamwork spirits
- Strengths and weaknesses of the applicants
- Prospects for development of expertise
Foreign language requirements for applicants
- A certificate of foreign language proficiency equivalent to B1 or 3/6 level upwards according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) within 2 years up to the date of application.
- A Bachelor or Master degree trained abroad.
- A Bachelor degree in foreign language.
Steps for evaluating applicants for doctoral program include:
- Evaluating applicants' documents of learning process at undergraduate and master levels.
- Evaluating applicants' research proposal: applicants present their research proposal in front of the proposal review subcommittee. Members of the subcommittee will ask questions relevant to the content of the research proposal.
- Evaluation scores of any scientific papers.
One intake each year
Full time at campus during working hours
Tuition is set on an annual basis, the current tuition is USD9,000 for 3 years, USD3,000 for each year)
Degree awarded after graduation
Doctor of Philosophy
International School of Business (ISB) - University of Economics Hochiminh City
Address: 17 Pham Ngoc Thach Street, District 3, HCMC
Phone: (08) 5446 5555